Sunday, October 31, 2010

Well, Central Butte remains undefeated.  The Rebels fell 70 - 64.  Not a great way to end one's high school football, but that's the way it is, I suppose.  (I am showing considerable restraint here, people - I'll leave it to the other parents to tell the details of the game!)  Apparently the loss wasn't enough to dampen Stephen's Halloween spirits, as he was out late last night and I heard tales of certain shenanigans.  I truly hope that's all it was!

Derek's team handily won their two games at the tournament yesterday.  They should have a good team again this year.  They are off to Kindersley this morning for their first league game.

I misspoke about the Midget team in my last post.  Politics and parents ARE getting in the way of kids having fun.  From what I can tell, it's a case of the squeaky wheel getting the grease.  After getting permission from SHA, having a vote by the team and a vote by the minor hockey board, SHA ruled against our plan on how to manage 38 kids with no real explanation except that they received some phone calls.  Funny how that happens sometimes.    Oh well, there is still a team for Stephen here, and he could also go play Junior B if he wants.  Stay tuned for more details!!

Thanks for stopping by!
Chandra

No comments: