Saturday, September 25, 2010

Another family gathering

We had another excuse to get together and eat visit the other day when Mom's cousin came to town.  Debbie lives in Ontario, and Mom and I and Derek stayed with her when we went to visit Mom's Uncle Joe, who is Debbie's dad.

Here are the cousins, with a couple of outlaws thrown in:

Debbie is a good story-teller!

My aunts enjoyed the stories!



 Andrew wasn't having quite as much fun as the rest of us!


 We took a drive out to Broadacres to see their Grandma and Grandpa's graves.



 Then we stopped at Jim's to see the old grave marker, which is the traditional iron cross that the Germans from Russia always used.  


It was a very enjoyable day, with lots of laughter and sharing and hugs.  Afterwards, Derek and I headed to the rink for the continuation of the 3-on-3 tournament.  He played very well, as did his teammates, and they ended up winning the whole thing.  It sure is a good way to get back into skating, and the kids had a ball.  

Just when I drove into town, I saw the following sight - a bunch of Grade 12 kids in the back of a half-ton with the Grade 10 students pushing them down the street.  You guessed it - Initiation day!
 



And, so as not to leave you with that disturbing image, I'll show you a sample of all the geese we have around again this year.  The whole field was white when I stopped, but they started flying off before I could get my camera.  But you get the idea.


So that's it for today.  Thanks for stopping by!
Chandra

No comments: