2. I got the garden in, and it is doing very well, thank you very much. We've had oodles of rain, so I haven't had to water at all. The weeds are pretty amazing, too, but I go at that a little bit each day. I must say the yard is looking quite nice this year. Since I'm working, we don't get to the lake nearly as often. Had we known, we probably wouldn't have booked the seasonal site, and may not next year. Besides, with the birds singing, the dugout full, and our peaceful little piece of the prairie, it's almost like being at the lake anyway! We just need a screened room to keep the mosquitoes out so we can enjoy it!
2. Clem's nephew graduated from high school. Clem is the local sound guy, and usually gets asked to take care of that for the ceremonies. This year, the graduating class sent us two supper tickets as a thank you, which was very nice. Plus, the sound room is up on the mezzanine, so you get a pretty good view.
The class was a little short of females, so Dylan's partner for the first dance was his buddy, "Shrimp"!
5. Stephen was home for a few days. He switched a couple of shifts around so he could have a month off and take in the Schan reunion happening in a couple of weeks. (Rather fortuitous timing, as he broke his wrist his second day off. I am NOT putting that story on here. Or the picture of his scarred face!) This will be the first time in many months that all three of our boys will be here at the same time. I'm looking forward to it. I think I'll have someone take a picture, too!
6. Derek successfully made it through Grade 9. It's been a bittersweet month for him - and us - as he was anxious to be done the school year but knows he is off to unfamiliar territory in the fall. It will be an experience, for sure!
7. Clem and I spent yesterday afternoon attending first a memorial reception for the father of one of Clem's classmates (she is also our boys' work boss) and then the 80th birthday reception for the mom of one of Clem's best friends. Amazing how life changes! An afternoon like that would have been scoffed at a few years ago, but it was really quite enjoyable.
And that's all for now, folks. Thanks for stopping by!