Sunday, May 26, 2013

Mother's Day with my mom.

That doesn't happen too often.  We are usually smack dab in the busyness of seeding, and Mother's Day is normally mostly a non-day here.  I decided to switch it up a bit this year when a friend, who was planning to visit her mom in Medicine Hat, asked if I wanted to tag along and go see my mom.  What a grand idea!  Clem was very accommodating as usual, saying "Of course! It's Mother's Day and you should be with your mom!"  (Isn't he great?)  So off we went.  I dropped Debby at her mom's and continued on to see mine.  It was such relaxing weekend, as we had no set schedule, with nothing to attend and nowhere to be.  We had coffee on the patio in the morning and wine on the patio in the evening, and toodled around a bit in between.  Oh, and hockey games to watch every evening! Not sure why I don't do that more often!!


Jason and Terri drove down with their two cuties, too.  What fun!  We even had time for a few photo shots.   Here's ma with (I'm certain) her two favourite children.




  And blowing raspberries with "Cousin Eddie".

He is one of the cutest nephews I know!!
 

 
And he likes his food.  A lot.  A true Huck.



As I said, Mother's Day has never been that big of a deal around here, but I did get a text from all three boys.  Derek's was to ask when I was going to be home - likely because he needed to know how long he had to do the chores I had assigned before I left three days earlier.  But hey, he remembered me!  Stephen's text said he left me a car.  Which is a pretty incredible gift, until you know that he needed us to take it in for a bit of work while he was at work.  I did manage to put a few miles on it, though.   Ssshhh.




Happy Mother's Day, Mom!  Love you!

No comments: