Thursday, November 29, 2012

Somber

You know the saying, "a rash of deaths"?  Well, that's what we've had here lately.  I've heard of at least eight people dying in this area in the last week or so.  I'm starting to avoid talking to people, because they always seem to know of someone else who died.  I go to my fair share of funerals, what with having to play piano and all, and have become somewhat "hardened", so to speak, but it's really getting to be a bit much.  Some have been expected, like the 102-year-old mother of my godfather, Helen Behm, who is finally where she has been yearning to be for some time.  Others, not so much.  The last was a 41-year-old guy from God's country, who died of a heart attack a few days ago.  Those ones really get you.  I know it sounds a little selfish to be whining about how I feel, when none of these deaths have affected our family, but that's how it is.  Enough already!!

So I am totally ready for the birthday party planned for my twin aunts, who are now that age where they get a cheque in the mail each month, just because they are that age!!  Mom and Dad are coming, and my brother with his adorable family, so that will be good for my soul. 

Take care out there, and remember to treasure each moment, and tell those you love that you do!
Thanks for stopping in!
Chandra

No comments: