Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Throw away the pens!

Note to self:  do NOT use ink on the calendar - it is PENCIL only!   I would note the family on that, too, but no one else ever writes anything on the calendar.  I am the Keeper of the Schedule, and I have created a group of humans who struggle to know where they should be at any given time of the day or week.  (Of course, they also struggle to locate the ketchup in the fridge, so perhaps I am assuming too much responsibility in this.) It is a heavy burden, but since it is self-imposed, I try to bear it with dignity.  Ya.  Right. 

Anyway, the long and short of it is that things can and do change around here in the blink of an eye.  Stephen and I made a nervous trip to K-town yesterday for his surgery.  After a longish wait, the surgeon came to speak with us.  He said that the hernia isn't too bad, and that, in his opinion, Stephen should go to Australia and have fun, and get the hernia fixed when he gets back.  OK then.  After a quick lunch (my boy hadn't had anything to eat or drink since midnight, a first in his life, I believe) and a whirlwind shopping spree (groceries, people, groceries.  Oh, and tractor engine oil - can't forget that!), we resumed our usual programming.  For the time being.   The Toronto students participating in the exchange program arrive on Friday.  That schedule has changed about three times since yesterday afternoon, so again, no pens.  Hopefully they will still be coming out here Saturday night for a bonfire (and to eat the copious amounts of marshmallows I purchased yesterday).  I also hope I manage to get the muffins and potato salad I pledged to make to the correct locations on the correct days at the correct times.   Those chicken scratchings in pencil can be hard to read sometimes!

Have a great day, and thanks for stopping in!
Chandra

No comments: