2. I have lost (read:
3. Flying is my new preferred method of travel to hockey games. The Midgets flew from Saskatoon to La Ronge for Game 2 of the Provincial A Northern Finals. What a blast! I had fun just watching the kids enjoy it. Oh, and we won the game 7 - 2, which was an added bonus. The final round is with Estevan (yep, we could fly there, too - I checked!), who will be here on Sunday. We go back there next Sunday. The Midgets are also in league playoffs, and should get by the semi-finals this week to meet the "lands" team from down the road(s). Should be an exciting final!
4. The Pee Wees are continuing their drive for Provincial "C" champs banner, and part of that drive is to Kamsack on Saturday. For the record, everyone should know that Clem is actually going on the bus to the game. First time EVER! I've never been to Kamsack, but I think I will continue to live a full life without doing so. It should be a good game, as we are only up two goals.
5. It is COLD. Cold, cold, cold. And we have SNOW. Lots of snow. It's been an old-fashioned winter here this year. But I must say it looks gorgeous this morning - fresh white snow, hoarfrost on the trees, and bright blue sky. This is where one of those pictures would really come in handy. Someone sent us this picture, and it pretty much sums up the weather thing.
6. And, speaking of pictures, I have a few of the moose that has moved into our yard. Of course, they are on the camera, so I can't show them to you. Apparently the menu here is to his liking - willows, poplars, Colorado pine, chokecherry. Who needs a windbreak around the farm, anyway?
7. I am reading the best book. It is called "Left Neglected", by Lisa Genova, the author of "Still Alice". Both books have made me realize how lucky we are, even with the cold, the bus trips, and the moose!
Thanks for stopping by!