Monday, August 31, 2009

Our boy

Today is the first day of school.  It is Adam's last first day of school.  That is probably a good thing, but that's a whole other blog.  He and Stephen were up early and off to football practice.  They were up late last night, too, finishing the second field of peas.  And there is football practice after school, as well, which Stephen has to miss because he has hockey practice in North Battleford.  Still with me?  

With so much going on, is it any wonder that I heard a (relatively) small voice coming from Derek's bedroom last night, long after it should have been quiet?  "Mom, is it too late to have a birthday party?"  Yep.  He turned 11 two weeks ago, and no party.  Not even a cake.  I will never, never, never win the Mother of the Year Award.   Perhaps I'll set my sights on the Grandmother of the Year Award, and get a head start.  Or not.  In the meantime, here is a little photo montage of our youngest.

Is it just me, or did anyone notice a bit of a theme in these photos?  You're right - wheels, sports, and the great outdoors.   That's our boy!

Happy Birthday, Derek.  Even if there was no cake, we love you very much, and celebrate you every day!

Thanks for checking in, everyone.  I'm off to bake a cake!
Chandra

No comments: