Wednesday, October 01, 2008

Hello?  Hello?  Anybody out there?  (Besides Tina, I mean.   Tina's great and everything, but we're brainstorming here, folks.)  Hello?  This is not a lecture.  If you need to know the difference between brainstorming and a lecture, you can ask my boys.  They've heard lots and lots of lectures.   But I digress.  Since you are too shy to comment with your ideas, could you perhaps vote on some of mine?  Here's what I thought of tonight.  (Please keep in mind that I stayed up too late last night, got up too early this morning, drove two hours to a funeral, visited withtoo many people, drove two hours home again, and then attended a book signing in a very warm library, so the creativity is down just a tad.)

1.  The Queen Bee (personal favorite, dripping with sarcasm)

2.  I Didn't Marry a Farmer (there's a story here that I would post if we go with the title!)

3.  A Little Piece of Quiet (plagiarized somewhat from a book given to me by my dear mother)

4.  The Toilet Seat Stays Up (a husband and three boys - think about it)

5.  Maid's Day Off (again with the sarcasm)

6.  Scratchings in the Dirt 

7.   ?

That's it, guys.   I'm empty.  Your turn!

13 comments:

Rob, Tina and the boys said...

I like "The toilet seat stays up". My new contribution is "Little Farm on the Prairie". It's late and I'm tired. I'm still pondering this one. :)

Rob, Tina and the boys said...

Was just reading back through the blog. How about "From Trains to Grains".

Rob, Tina and the boys said...

Here's another one. Rob and I are on a roll now. "Trains, grains and Combines". (I still like From Trains to Grains, that one was all mine).

Anonymous said...

How about...

"Prairie farming: The good, the bad and the ugly"

or...

"What my mother didn't tell me about marrying a farmer"

LOL...cheers carl

Scratchings in the Dirt said...

Thanks, Tina. Those are great. I take it you guys are a little entertainment-starved up there, eh? ;)

Anonymous said...

My vote is for "Scratchings in the Dirt" for no reason in particular other than it seems clever and that "Dirt" provides in more ways than one!!
Mom

Wilma said...

I like "The Toilet Seat Stays Up" and "Scratchings in the Dirt" the best out of the choices so far.

Can't wait to see what you choose!

Anonymous said...

I as well like "The Toilet Seat stays up" however I think one of your previous posts: Combines, knees and UFO's is a great one too.

Good Luck

velvis

p.s. whatever you choose I will still check daily for updates

Aimee said...

I've been trying to think of a good one, but some of the ones offered are really good already!
I like "From Trains to Grains" and I also like "Scratchings in the Dirt"

Let me sleep on it - all my ideas tonight are lame :)

Aimee said...

Oh, okay, wait - I'm back. These aren't good, but I'm always thinking in song lyrics, so what
about something along the lines of "Where The Boys Are" (Connie Francis) or "A Bushel and A Peck" (from the Broadway score of "Guys and Dolls" . . . "I love you, a bushel and a peck . . .")

Too obscure? Probably. I'm fading fast :)

Scratchings in the Dirt said...

Ooh, "Where the Boys Are"! Clever! Thanks, Aimee. I really like "From Trains to Grains" too. I can't wait to see what I choose, either!
Mom, the shape the house is in this week, I could be talking about scratching the dirt INSIDE. In fact, I came home the other night and "someone" (likely the same someone who pees all over the toilet...and tub...and floor...but I have no proof) wrote "please clean me" in the drywall dust ON THE STOVE!

Wilma said...

Maybe that should be that new name... "Please Clean Me"

Rob Huck said...

I replied to a previous post, and you can look in the comments for my suggestions.

My two favorites are: "The West Central Beat" and "The Oakdale Blues".