Sunday, February 11, 2007

Well, now that my heart is beating again, I figured it was time to once again post a bit about the Schraefel happenings.

I went to North Battleford on Thursday for a routine scope (day surgery), and ended up staying a bit longer. It seems my heart stopped while I was sedated. I'm a little disappointed that I didn't even get to see the bright light, but as someone said, at least I didn't smell anything burning. The doctors, and I use that term fairly loosely, don't have any explanation for the incident, so I guess I will pursue the matter with my own doctor this week. So when I finally got home late Friday night, I realized I never did get the scope, and I have two other problems for which I wasn't looking. Plus, it ruined our plans to make a weekend hockey road trip!

Adam's team played in Unity on Thursday night, and battled hard against the league's first-place team only to finish with a disappointing 4-2 loss. Adam got the two Kerrobert goals, though. The team traveled on Friday to Davidson for the second game of the provincial series and lost again. (Adam wouldn't tell us the score, so I'm guessing it wasn't very good!)

Derek's team won in Luseland Friday after school. Derek got to stay with his buddy and cousin, Corson, overnight - we were supposed to be on a road trip, remember? - and had a ball.

Stephen's team traveled to Waldheim (new rink, Olympic-size ice) to play Warman in the second round-robin playoff series. They won 7-2, and Stephen tells us he was +4 for the night. They play Prince Albert today in Kindersley, but that will be a tougher battle.

Things are slowly returning to normal since Clem's mom passed away. There are still disconcerting moments when I have to pinch myself to realize that it happened, but I guess that will go on for a bit, yet. We miss her, but don't wish her back to what her life had become. We are fortunate to be able to still use her house as a "waiting place" in town. The kids are very comfortable going there, and I just keep the freezer stocked with easy-to-microwave junk food and make sure the dishes get done once in a while!

The kids are home from school again this week - yeah. I'm praying the rink will be open often for shinny. Derek's team is going to Saskatoon on Friday for a Tier I tournament. This undefeated team may get an eye-opener when it runs into some competition, or at least that's what we're hoping!

It's been very cold here for about two weeks, so Clem is glad the forecast shows some warmer daytime weather coming up. He has some grain-cleaning to do, and things go a lot smoother when its warmer outside.

Better go. Hope all is well with everyone, and that you stop by again soon!
Chandra

3 comments:

Rob Huck said...

I'm glad to see you're back home and somewhat okay.

Anonymous said...

Sis, My 'heart sank' when I heard about your heart stopping. I shouldn't 'wear my heart on my sleeve' but I 'cried my heart out'. Maybe its because you have a 'heart of gold'. My 'heart is set' on seeing you in March so I can 'set my heart at rest'. 'Take to heart' that I love you 'from the bottom of my heart.
(I'm planning a lesson with idioms, can you tell?).
I 'heart' you!
Love Lisa xoxo

Anonymous said...

What's up with this heart problem? Sounds like you had a scare!Hope you are getting the medical help you need. take care!!!!!!
uncle carl