2. Derek had a grrrreat hockey season, the most fun he's ever had, he says. I guess he's forgotten about the bus trips from hell - on roads that should have been closed in weather that was definitely NOT from hell. But hey, this is Saskatchewan. His team lost out in the provincial and league semi-finals, but that was a pretty good run considering they started without a goalie in October! Derek ended up getting the top defensive player award, as well as MVP. He is a very happy kid. He had great coaches, too.
3. The biggest news around here is that Derek has been accepted as a Grade 10 boarding student at Notre Dame, Wilcox for the 2013-2014 school year. It is totally his idea - "Mom, I need to challenge myself and see what I can do" - but I think it's a great idea. We tried to talk him into it last year, but he obviously wasn't ready. Some days I just start crying for no apparent reason; other days I'm planning how to reconfigure his bedroom and doing the happy dance because school lunches are coming to an end! It will be very different, and quiet!, around here, that's for sure!
4. Easter at our place was very much like Christmas - quiet, white, and cold. Terri and the kids made the long trip (she's so
Derek is getting way too cool to hang out with little kids, so Copper has a new favourite "big" cousin!
5. Adam and I got to visit with the perogie and his family for his second birthday. Such fun. I took pictures with my phone, and now can't get them to upload here. Of course. Anyway, take it from me, they are cute and we had a great time. And Adam is loving being in the city. A new adventure for him, and it's so nice to see him so happy and excited about life.
6. My baby brother recently got another year older. I'm not telling you how old, cause that's just too depressing for me. I used to change his diaper, for heaven's sake! Here's a shot of him celebrating with his two precious boys. See how cute they are!
Thanks for stopping by!